This is a great way to sneak broccoli into your diet!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | serves 4
1 1/2 cups fresh steamed broccoli florets (you can buy frozen and follow heating instructions but I prefer fresh)
4 large whole wheat tortillas
2 cups low fat sharp cheddar cheese (kids tend to find the orange cheese more fun)
Salt & pepper
- Wash and trim broccoli into small florets. Steam until bright green and tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat & spray with cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla at a time into the skillet, top half of it with 1/4 of the shredded cheese. Add an even layer of broccoli and season with salt & pepper.
- Fold the tortilla over to close the quesadilla and let cook until crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the quesadilla and cook another 2 minutes until crispy, golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into three equal pieces and serve warm.